Saturday, September 25, 2010

From Mumbaiya to Dilli-wallah

The clock is ticking for me. Come November, and I will cease to be a Mumbaikar, a Mumbaiya. I will become a Dilli wallah.Rather, a Faridabad wallah - Resident of a sleepy town in NCR.
The transformation will be drastic and no less than a culture shock.

From traffic jams on roads to no roads
From rains to winters
From Hiranandani Gardens to Sector markets
From local to cabs
From Marathi to Punjabi
From Vada Pao and Pao Bhaji to Pakoras and Kadhai Paneer
From Powai Lake to what-once-used-to-be Badkhal
From Lonavala to Mussourie
From International airport to no-good railway station
From friends to family
From Single to Married
From House to Home

4 comments:

  1. vary vary nice hai ji!!!
    bombay is bombay..but then family is family... :-)
    all the best bahiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss Bombay though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok well i was going to ask same that would you miss mumbai then...
    btw you seem more active here since you switched jobs :P...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amol: Yeah I am a bit more active now :) Thanks to the lull periods in between the hectic project schedules... But let me tell you this. There have been times where I have worked till wee hours of the mornign in the office.. but this doesnt seem to be bothering me as much as the old "I**V*A" days :)

    ReplyDelete