Monday, August 03, 2009

जल्दी आओ Dube!!

It was well past twelve midnight and I was dreading the Monday that was awaiting the daybreak. My laptop's almost dead speakers were trying hard to make me enjoy Jagjeet Singh's Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi. The song was in the first paragraph and I was about to explain to my room-mate what the lines meant when suddenly "A" - my other flatmate - screamed. Jaldi aao Dube!! Trust me, my heart just froze for a moment. The living room was dark with him standing there with the flash light of his cell phone switched on. I thought some strange insect, a smake probably, has entered the house. As my eyes searched for the supposed snake and I moved further in the living room I was surprised by a bunch of friends screaming "Happy Birthday". For once, I didn't realise what was happening! It was a big surprise. Dunno when and how they managed to sneak in.

So there they were, the five of them. A, A, A, A and V (R). While A (my flat mate, the jadi aao guy) was busy shoting a video, A was helplessly trying to light a match - a proxy for a candle :)
The message on the cake read : Belated Happy Birthday Debbey। But this was not all. More was to follow.

On some other friend's birthday, I had told my friends what I wanted as a birthday gift and lo! here it was - a painter's tripod। They would have gone around places to find one, am sure। but here it was, right there in my arms.

I had been thinking for quite some time to update my blog। What better moment than this to write about, especially when I have now become the owner of a prized possession.

2 comments:

  1. after reading few lines......i was forced to read till end.........
    means you are good writer..

    ReplyDelete