Friday, August 21, 2009

Die another day!!

Many a times we feel that nothing is in our hands. That we are mere puppets and someone else is pulling the strings. If the string snaps, off we go - haywire.
Well this is exactly what I felt last night when I was sitting on the rear seat of the motorcycle that my good friend "R" was driving. As the speedometer touched past 60 my heart rate would have been surely double this number. Not because 60 is too fast, but on Mumbai it is! As he raced through the traffic meandering through the pot-holes and tunneling through the traffic, overtaking from the left and splashing through a wet patch, I was not really sure if I would be alive till we reached the movie hall where we were headed.
As it happens in troubled times, that we remember the good lord, I was actually remembering the almighty that he let me watch this movie show.... and I made a resolve that never again am I to be a pillion rider. The irony of the situation was that while returning I chose to sit behind another good friend "A" considering it might help my cause, but empty roads and a slow Bullet Thunderbird just don't go together (somehow!). We were back on the same road meanering through the same potholes and the wet patch.... just that this time I was enjoying the power.. the wind coming in my face.... and me thinking aloud...Die Another Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe someday you'll understand why some people prefer bikes over cars... And riding is just not about speed, it's much more than that...

    ReplyDelete