Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Photo Frame

They say pictures are worth a thousand words... and this post would prove that!!
There sits on my desk a photo frame which was gifted to me by one of my closest friends - "P".
How me and P became such good friends is something even we wonder many-a-times.
Long years ago when I was doing my engineering I met this girl there who was sitting next to a schoolmate, "N" (who was also going to be my batchmate for next four years) and I was like - N and P would surely turn out to be the best friends. And as luck could have it, that turned out to be the case.
I got introduced to P through N. I still remember all of us being at P's first birthday at the college when we had gifted her some weird assortment of gifts. In between the four birthdays we celebrated were the four "Ganapati" (As P calls it) that we witnessed at her Nani's place.
Life moved on.... I got a job at L&T and P couldn't make it. I remember the day when I told P about the offer from L&T. She immediately hung up the phone. I knew she was crying.... not because I got it but because she didn't.... silly P.... and then we heard from her that she has made it to Infy....
She moved down south and we hardly got to meet.. in the next two years till she shifted to Pune I went to meet her and other good friends "S" and "R". And we had a gala time... It was then that I saw the first signe of transformation in P.
I am reminded of how I had asked P to make wada and nariyal chutney for me.... and also her famous rajma with rice (that she would serve twice to you). P is an excellent cook!!
I moved on to XIMB and P told me that she was moving to US. I remember that time S had also gone to US. Suddenly I realised that I had no friends to talk to.... B-school was a new experience and I was yet to come to terms with it.....
Life moved on.... 2 years flew by...
P switched her job and then I knew she was never to return back.... But we did get to meet her... She had come down to India on a vacation and we met.... and this is when she gifted me that frame....It had Friends written all over around it!
I searched for a suitable pic, with the good ol' bespectacled P giggling in there....
She has changed over the years... but its just the outer being... and she has changed for good.... but then she is still the same good ol' P deep within.... and I know we are going to be Friends Forever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment