Monday, July 05, 2010

On loosing half a grand

The other day, I withdrew 1K from the ATM before my swimming session (Oh Yes! Yes! Yes! I have joined swimming at the elite Hiranandani Club) and my mind said I shouldn't have withdrawn this big an amount. After all, my wallet would be lying there in the changing room and anyone could have access to it. But, I took my chances and here I am poorer by half the amount I withdrew.
It feels so helpless when you loose your money. The last time I felt like this was when we forgot Gunjan's birthday present in a rick.
Ever since I returned home and discovered my loss, I have been wondering where did the money go. I didn't spend it, and that I am pretty sure of. I never dropped it also, or so I think. And if someone were to flick it from my wallet, why would (s)he leave half the money. May be (s)he was a vey needy person (or so, my dear friend R thinks) who just took the money (s)he needed. How considerate!
Whatever it may be, I am poorer by half a grand, and I can't help but stop thinking of my lost money, and I feel irritated, helpless and frustrated at my carelessness.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss...Guess a lesson learnt with half the money lost.
    I must say in US we have been going for my daughter's swimming classes and have observed most of the people don't lock the locker (u have to bring your own lock...laziness) but have never heard anyone lose anything. Are the people in US more honest or we are just plain lucky. Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the 'condolences' :)
    But you know wat! To add to my woes, I lost another 150 the following day. As I wasn't sure if I had been robbed of the money at the club, I took 200 with me, paid 50 as the fees and rest was lying in the bag. And Bang! it vanished again. I did raise an alarm which did cause a butterfly or two to flutter but that was it.
    And yes, now I do use the locker but the key to the locker still ies in my bag :)

    ReplyDelete