Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Of Mumbai, friends, birthdays and stray dogs

Mumbai
It is a city of dreams, glitter, local trains, fast life, slumdogs and millionares. Though I love every bit of my stay in this city, which I would prefer call by its maiden name - Bombay, I was rather disappointed when my parents told me that they found "Apnu Amdavad" better compared to this "Maximum City". Guess Bombay put all its efforts just being called Mumbai and Karnavati never minded being the uber-metropolitan and well planned Amdavad.

Friends
Mumbai (Bombay) has given me my share of some very close friends. As much as I would like to write in the names, I would not like to succumb to the temptation lest I forget a name and regret it later.
We have shared innumberable laughs and bucket full of tears. We have been there for each other when we celebrated our birthdays and promotions; during break-ups and during the engagements; while shifting our houses to cooking yummy meals together; in enjoying the street food at midnight on the Juhu beach when someone's parents were visiting or in the times when someone hasn't got the big bonus they were expecting.
Thanks guys (and gals) for being there. You are a BIG support system here!!

Birthdays
Birthdays are always special.
I just returned from Tushar's place after wishing him a Happy Birthday. It was fun. We literally had a virtual party. Wouldn't get into the nitty gritties but me and Ruchika (one of the virtual participants) had a good time with Tushar. After a long time we wished someone Happy Birthday the XIMB way.
We, me and the bunch of friends that I have here, have always been innovaitive in the midnight celebrations. Then be it cutting a Pizza on Marine Drive (Am sure, Ruchika you would remember this all your life) or literally running out of air blowing the magic candles!

Stray Dogs
An obscure topic to talk about, but then a stray dog (even worse would be a bunch of them) chasing your motorcycle in the dead of the night on a dark road is the last thing you would like to encounter as you return home after a long day at work. I was reminded of many such wild chases I have had while I was retuning home from Tushar's place today. Each dog on the road was (and there were tens of them) a potential threat. Thank God, none of them tried racing with me else I would have had to zoom my poor bike (its an old 100 cc TVS) at whatever gear it was in with my legs up in the air!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment