Saturday, January 02, 2010

Another year and they will call it Twenty-Ten!

I had posted this long back, almost a year back. A friend of mine asked me "Has anything changed, or you can still use the same post for this year"

The other day, I sent a mail to everyone in office inviting them to a small celebration that we had organised in office on the New Year's eve. The mail had a line that read "a year full of sweet memories..." and my colleague commented "are you sure (of the sweet memories)".

Am still trying to find answers to these two questions.

Yes, many things have not changed.. but some things have, and for the good!
And the year may not be full of good memories, but it wasn't that gloomy either.

When I sit back and count, there were more reasons to be happy that to crib about.

Home bound always!! I was home on all festivals and important occassions :)

Marriages Galore!! Three of my very good friends got married, and I could attend the wedding of at least one of them.

Two of my cousins also got married (looks like the entire year went away in marriages) and I thoroughly enjoyed the family reunions.

That one SMS. A friend made me realise the value of friendship through that simple SMS
that she sent while she was exchanging the marital vows with her beloved.

Pooo....My long time friend in the US of A is still in touch with me and we still share the same warmth.

Dube the painter. Friends gave me an amazing gift on my birthday.

Still stuck to Mahavir Classik. and I am loving it!! :)

That lovely 5-star dinner. And what a lovely time we had that night! Thanks Tushar and Ruchika for a memorable evening.

The Voice & Accent training. Learnt how your teeth need to pain(t) the tongue when you are saying "thank you" and that I have to bite my V's and kiss my W's. Crazy stuff!!

The unionbaazi at office. Though our lunch table has shrunk to three members for erstwhile figre of four, the unionbaazi continues. We have found some new members who have the potential to be a part of our union :)

While my mind has probably given up at this hour, I am sure there would have been a thousand other instances that would be a part of my happy memories for 2009. Not that I did not have my share of not-so-good memories, but what is the point is crying over spilt milk :)

1 comment:

  1. And that is the spirit to be in Dube !!!.. keep the happy memories and discrad the not so happy ones, wats the pint keeping them neways;)

    Hope that u r able to achieve all that u had posted in that blog last year and it need not be used again the next year when u welcum 2011...

    Ruchika

    ReplyDelete