Friday, December 05, 2008

हजारों ख्वाहिशें ऐसी....

It could be called serendipity! Today morning when I plugged the earphones into my ear canal, the first song that my cell played of a random lot of some hundred songs was "hazaaron khwahishein aisi" from the movie by the same name.

What else could have been a bigger coincidence that the theme of this movie was based on what we are seeing in Mumbai now.... I get goosepimples when I hear these beautiful and yet so very powerful words in a poem that goes alongside the song...

"A thousand desires such as these

A thousand moments to set this night on fire

Reach out and you can touch them

You can touch them with your silences

You can reach them with your lust

Rivers, mountains, rain

Rain against a torrid hillscape

A thousand desires such as these

I loved rain as a child

As a lost young man

Empty landscapes bleached by a tired sun

And then

Suddenly it came like a dark unknown woman

Her eyes scorched my silences

Her body wrapped itself around me like a summer without end

Pause me, Hold me Reach me where no man has gone

Crossing the seven seas

With the wings of fire, I fly towards nowhere

And you; Rivers, mountains, rain

Rain against the scorched landscape of pain

A thousand desires such as these......

हजारों ख्वाहिशें ऐसी के हर ख्वाहिश पे दम निकले

बहुत निकले मेरे अरमान लेकिन फ़िर भी कम निकले"

No comments:

Post a Comment